Once your cruise is planned and paid for, it’s time to start thinking about packing! Some items might seem silly to you, like Ziploc bags, but I can’t tell you how many times these things have come in handy on a cruise! These are things to think about now so you’re not scrambling at the last minute to get everything ready. Check out our Disney Cruise Must Have Items!
Must Have Items for a Disney Cruise
- Your passport and travel documents (passport must be valid for at least 3 months after your cruise, sometimes 6 months depending on the country you’re visiting). Visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html for information on your passport
- Camera & memory cards- I like a GoPro because it’s great for the beach, snorkeling, etc. since it’s waterproof!
- If a GoPro isn’t in your budget, this Crosstour Action Camera 4K 16MP WiFi Underwater 30M with Remote Control IP68 Waterproof Case– is similar to a GoPro but at only about $45 it was ok with us if it didn’t work out! It worked out really nicely for underwater photos on the Castaway Ray Stingray Adventure!
- Swimsuits (I pack a swimsuit in my embarkation bag so I can swim on the first day before my luggage arrives)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen (and aloe just in case!) I love this face sunscreen and also this waterproof sunscreen for a cruise.
- Any medications you might need- pack in your embarkation day bag- If you’re prone to motion sickness, I prefer Sea Bands because there are no side effects.
- I always travel with at least one Sharpie!
- Pirate night gear (DCL will provide you with a Mickey bandana to wear, but some people really go all out!) You can also get glow-sticks or necklaces for the party.
- A multi-port USB charger (there aren’t a lot of outlets in the cabins) like this one is great!
A bathroom organizer that you can hang on a towel rack or shower rod (not over the door) like this one
- Something for formal night/Palo/Remy
- Magnets– your stateroom doors (and sometimes the walls) are metal and this is a great place to hang swimsuits to dry, hang workout clothes, or even your lanyards.
- Magnetic dry erase board for leaving notes to each other
- Shout Wipes or Tide to Go
- Throw a couple of Tide Pods into a small Ziploc in case you need to do a couple of loads of laundry
- A sturdy water bottle– you can refill them with the filtered water on deck.
- Ziploc bags (large and small).
- Spray Hand Sanitizer
- Cork screw if you bring wine for the romantic evenings on the verandah
- Beach bag or something to lug stuff out to Castaway Cay.
Bring your own beach toys! They are much cheaper on Amazon or at the dollar store than they are on the ship or islands!
- Crayons, books and plain paper for kids during the down time in the room — have them make a “picture” scrapbook for when they get back home!
That’s my list, cultivated over many years of cruising. Is there anything I missed that you think is essential?
LOVE DISNEY VACATIONS?
Don't miss any of our DPP vacation tips. Plus get a free gift instantly!